By 2020 it is estimated that 45% of the Canadian workforce will be made up of freelancers, independent contractors and on-demand workers. To meet this emerging reality gigit has built a system for the gig economy that connects people with opportunities in their local area. Through gigit's connected technology platform, users can earn a living by networking within their community.
As a quick overview, gigit marketplace is an all-in-one open social media platform that aims to...
- Use connected technology to connect workers with job opportunities.
- Allow remote communities to access virtual jobs.
- Boost the Economy
- Connect volunteers with not-for-profit organizations.
- Assist students to find volunteer and part-time work.
- Help young professionals build out a validated digital resume.
- Connect community members to local events.
- Increase donations to local charities and schools.
We understand that connecting your citizens with job opportunities and increasing the economy are two of the needs you would like to address in your proposal and we want to help.
gigit strongly aligns with the Smart City approach of Openness, Integration, Transferability, and Collaboration, and would welcome the opportunity to be apart of your application for Canada’s Smart City Challenge.